So I feel that:
- 4-byte ASs should simply be allocated upon request, with existing checks removed;
- Reasonable annual fees (for example, $ per AS per year) could be charged as a disincentive for frivolous requests.
- Or a cap could be imposed on the number of AS numbers allocated per account;
- Or a combination of cap and charging; for example, up to xx ASs per account are free, and then each additional AS will be charged at $yy per AS per year.
- Existing constraints should remain for 2-byte ASs