Re: [sig-policy] REVISED: prop-066-v003: Ensuring efficient use of histo
I've just had a disturbing thought about this proposal:
- I believe that any historical resources that are transferred into a
member's APNIC account are already included in justifications for
further address space in requests;
- Therefore any resources covered by this proposal have *not* been
transferred into a member's APNIC account.
- Effectively, APNIC doesn't recognise the "ownership" of resources
unless they have been transferred into a member's account (through a
process of supplying proof or stat dec.)
- Therefore a member cannot simply arbitrarily claim to hold an
historical resource (and neither can APNIC associate it with a member);
- So a member cannot suddenly include a non-transferred historical
resource within an address request.
- Therefore, this proposal cannot be applied (or at least is
redundant for resources that have already been transferred).
I'm very happy to have this logic questioned by anyone on this list.
(Please remember that I actually support the aim of this proposal -
I'm just not sure now that it can actually achieve anything!)