- 4315 days inactive
- 4315 days old
- 1 participants
- 0 comments
j: Next unread message
k: Previous unread message
j a: Jump to all threads
j l: Jump to MailingList overview
The two-year term of the current Chair, Izumi Okutani, and Co-Chair, Wei Zhao, ends in August 2011. Therefore, APNIC is seeking volunteers to serve as Chair and Co-Chair of the NIR SIG.
All SIG Chairs and Co-Chairs undertake this work on a voluntary basis.
The Chair's responsibilities include:
- Chairing the SIG session
- Developing the agenda
- Posting proposals and information about the NIR SIG to the NIR SIG mailing list
- Encouraging and facilitating discussion on the mailing list and at the APNIC Conference
The Co-Chair's responsibilities include:
- Assisting with chairing the NIR SIG session
- Working with the Chair and other Co-Chair to develop the agenda
- Posting information about the NIR SIG to the NIR SIG mailing list
- Working with the Chair and other Co-Chair to encourage and facilitate discussion on the mailing list and at the APNIC Conference
For more information about the roles, please see the SIG guidelines at:
If you are interested in either of these positions, or have someone you can recommend, please send an expression of interest, including a short biography in an email to:
With a copy to:
The nomination deadline is Friday, 26 August 2011.
If there are any volunteers, elections to select the new Chair and Co-Chair will be held in the NIR SIG meeting at APNIC 32 in Busan, South Korea, on 29 August 2011.
Candidates need to be present at the meeting to be eligible.
On behalf of the community, the APNIC Secretariat is very appreciative of the work done by the Chairs and Co-Chairs.