- 1317 days inactive
- 1317 days old
- 1 participants
- 0 comments
j: Next unread message
k: Previous unread message
j a: Jump to all threads
j l: Jump to MailingList overview
FYI - SAFNOG-5 in Johannesburg, next week.
-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: [safnog] SAFNOG-5 Is Ready For You Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:30:12 +0000 From: Portia Rabonda email@example.com To: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
With just 4 days to go to SAFNOG-5 in Johannesburg, South Africa, we are excited to have you join us for what is going to be a very informative, educational and fun agenda.
Highlights from the program include:
* 3 keynotes: o Sunil Tagare (OpenCables), talking about the impact of the submarine cables - on Africa - that Facebook and Google have announced, and what it could mean for the continent. o Byron Clatterbuck (SEACOM), also speaking about submarine cable realities in Africa, how to make them sustainable and help effect change in the region. o Jerome Fleury (Cloudflare), who will be going into detail about the outage his organization faced on June 24th of this year, due to a massive BGP leak.
* The first carrier-neutral data centre that will go live in Kampala, Uganda, at the end of 2019.
* A panel on the relevance (or lack of thereof) of generalized speed tests in 2019 as minimum bandwidth increases for consumers, enterprises and service providers.
* South Africa's first FTTH service provider that is delivering native IPv6 to home users.
* Numerous tutorials/workshops that will provide training on: o IPv6 deployment. o IRR, RPKI and ROV for a secure, global BGP. o Critical infrastructure vis a vis what the Internet should be, and what it actually is.
There will also be a number of social events taking place, which will connect all participants to further network with one another and create opportunities on helping further grow the Internet within the region, and the rest of the world.
To register for the event, and for more details on the agenda, please visit:? http://www.safnog.org/
We look forward to seeing you in Johannesburg.?
SAFNOG-5 Programme Committee